Sunday, September 4, 2011

‎"The greater the struggle the more glorious the triumphant!"

Breaking from tradition for a moment...   


  Greater and struggle are two words that do not belong in the same sentence. I happened to watch a short film today that a friend had posted a link to and the title of this post was a very profound statement that was said about 3/4 of the way through the movie. The character of Will is played by a man named Nick Vujicic. Nick is a motivational speaker and lives as normal as a life as those with arms and legs. The thing that I admire most about Nick is that he didn't give up... well he almost did, but the love for his parents kept him going. This man pushed forward and didn't let anything stop him. He learned to write, surf, play golf and football.
     It is stories like Nick's that give me hope. My life really isn't all that bad. I can wake up and get out of bed and do many other things that others are not able to do. Today I am grateful for the small things in life. The simple things that make me who I am!
And if you want to see the movie... click here

Now my random thought of the day:
Do you sing in the car? I do! I even dance in the car! What's even better is that my windows are not tinted to the person behind me and on either side of me can see what I am doing. I don't really care who see's me singing and dancing. I figure that maybe they are having a bad day and that person who saw me belting out a tune or bustin' a move can laugh at my expense and have a better day. So I declare to the world... I will forever sing and dance in the car! And if you ride with me... be prepared to participate!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment